We schedule follow-up appointments with our patients' physicians in our Physicians Clinic, so they may continue as an outpatient.
Rehabilitation Therapy & Innovative Technologies
Our outpatient clinics feature state-of-the-art exercise equipment for those continuing to improve strength and function, including:
- Anti-Gravity Treadmill (Alter-G) - Unweighting therapy that uses unique differential air pressure for neuromuscular retraining for patients who can walk again
- Bioness Integrated Therapy System (BITS) - Interactive touch screen that improves visual motor skills, cognition and functional endurance.
- Doron Driving Simulator - Driving simulator that determines how fast a patient can switch from the accelerator to the brake pedal.
- Gyrotonics - Designed to take the body beyond its current limitations. We have certified instructors on staff to help clients recover quicker and more fully after an injury.
- Aquatic Therapy
- Mobility Course
- LiteGait - Unweighting therapy to begin gait training earlier in rehabilitation process.
- Biodex - Unweighting therapy system and harnesses for proper gait training.
- NESS L300 - Neuromuscular electrical stimulation technology to help patients with foot drop to improve mobility and progress towards a more normal gait.
- NESS H200 - Neuromuscular electrical stimulation technology to improve upper extremity movement.
REHAB Strong: Lifestyle & Well-being
We encourage patients to maintain a healthy lifestyle after completion of their REHAB outpatient therapy sessions. To support this, we also offer post-rehabilitation exercise and well-being classes programs such as:
- Anti-Gravity Treadmill (Alter-G)
- Drivers Program (for patients who want to remain independent, we encourage participation in our Drivers Program)
Creative Arts Program
Designed to inspire and promote creativity while patients learn to physically and emotionally cope with their change in abilities. The Creative Arts Program offers a learning environment where personal expression is encouraged and helps patients regain their independence.
REHAB Stroke Club
Stroke survivors and their caregivers meet to participate in educational and informational lectures, as well community outings. The group, which meets on the first Tuesday of every other month, at 10:00AM to 11:30AM, offers:
- Make new friends. Meet, socialize and support other members of the community that have had their lives impacted by stroke
- Education. Infomrational lectures by REHAB staff and community experts
- FREE Membership. No out of pocket cost for membership and attending meetings
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill, or AlterG, helps patients regain mobility, develop strength and fitness, and increase their range of motion and natural movement — all while minimizing stress on injuries. The Alter-G uses differential air pressure technology to provide an environment of weightlessness for mobility and ambulation training.
- Aerobic conditioning
- Gait training with neurological patients
- Strength conditioning
- Rehab post injury/surgery of lower extremity
- Balance training
Vision Technology: BITS
The Bioness Integrated Therapy System (BITS®) is a tool that evaluates and improves abilities in individuals with disabilities that resulted from traumatic injuries and movement disorders. It also improves performance in competitive athletes.
BITS is a multi-disciplinary therapy solution designed to motivate patients and improve clinician efficiency. BITS’ interactive touchscreen and diverse program options challenge patients to improve performance through the use of visual motor activities, visual and auditory processing, cognitive skills and endurance training.
Standardized assessments and progress reports make documenting outcomes quick and easy. Bioness Integrated Therapy System (BITS) is a hardware and software platform using touch-screen technology that allows for patient interaction with different software programs. It is designed to evaluate, treat and improve abilities for a wide range of patients with disabilities and injuries.
The system allows occupational therapists to evaluate reaction and threat recognition skills and identification of unsafe driving practices. The simulator is a non-threatening and highly accurate tool for conducting assessment and rehabilitation of physically challenged individuals as well as patients with brain-related injuries and impediments. It's an excellent tool for evaluating geriatric patients as well.More information about Doron Simulator »
We provide a safe environment for patients to gain experience navigating various terrain (i.e., bark chips, sand, gravel, cobblestone and grass) during their treatment to improve their ability to safely make their way across these surfaces when encountering them in their home and in the community.More information about Mobility Course »
The Bioness H200 delivers low-level electrical stimulation to activate nerves that control muscles in the hand and forearm. It helps re-educate weak or paralyzed muscles to improve the ability to reach, grasp or pinch, which leads to increased freedom and independence for patients.More information about Bioness H200 »
Bioness L300 Foot Drop System
The L300’s advanced technology delivers programmed, low-level electrical stimulation to activate nerves and muscles that lift the foot and allow for increased mobility.
The NESS L 300 Plus specifically provides ankle dorsiflexion and knee flexion or extension in individuals with foot drop and thigh muscle weakness following an upper motor neuron injury or disease.
- Activation of proprioceptive and musculocutaneous reflex mechanisms
- Reduces muscle tone/spasm
- Produces tetanized muscle contraction
- Facilitate muscle reeducation
- Prevent/retard disuse atrophy
- Maintain or increase joint range of motion
- Increase local blood flow
Have you ever had difficulty swallowing, frequent coughing, or had to constantly clear your throat when eating or drinking? If you answered yes to any of these, you may benefit from an evaluation of your swallowing function.
In this procedure, a small camera is used to assess swallowing while a patient eats and/or drinks. This evaluation allows direct viewing of the throat without the use of radiation. Upon completion of the procedure, our speech therapists will provide immediate recommendations, including modification of food and/or liquid and strategies to make it easier and safer to swallow.More information about FEES Technology »