Our Creative Arts Program inspires and promotes creativity while patients learn to physically and emotionally cope with their change in abilities while in the hospital. Our arts program encourages personal expression to help patients regain their independence. Since its inception, more than 700 patients have benefited from more than 70,000 art sessions.
Who Can Participate?
- Current patients with neurological or physical impairments (i.e., stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, etc.)
- Current patients of REHAB at Aiea Clinic or KJ & Beatrice Luke Specialty Clinic at Nuuanu
- Former patients of REHAB Hospital
- Opportunity for self-reflection and self-discovery
- Emotional healing
- Visual communication
- Personal breakthroughs and Improved self-confidence
For more information about the program or to participate in Art from the Heart, please contact: