Our goal of rehabilitation is to help people live as independently as possible and be able to resume everyday activities. Help us rebuild lives by completing the appropriate referral form and submitting it with a patient demographic sheet and clinical information.
REHAB accepts referrals from physicians, clinical care coordinators, discharge planners, commercial carriers and other healthcare organizations, utilizing general acute rehabilitation criteria. Each referred patient is carefully assessed to determine whether his or her specific condition would benefit from the comprehensive level of services we provide. A skilled clinical liaison will conduct this personal assessment at no charge for the case review. In some situations, a consult or assessment by a rehabilitation physician may be arranged. Most major insurances are accepted. (Pre-approval may be necessary for some insurance types.)
Be sure to include:
- Demographic sheet
- Clinical information
General Acute Rehabilitation Criteria
To be admitted the patient should:
- Demonstrate a need for a multi-disciplinary rehabilitation program of at least two disciplines (one of which must be physical or occupational therapy)
- Be medically stable and able to actively participate in multi-disciplinary therapy program
- Have reasonable expectations of rehabilitation potential and functional improvement
- Need 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care and medical management by a physiatrist
- Have a plan to return back to the community setting
- Have appropriate rehabilitation benefits and financial responsibility has been confirmed
For all of our outpatient programs, REHAB accepts referrals from physicians, clinical care coordinators, discharge planners and others. Each referral is reviewed by our team before the initial appointment and assessment is scheduled. Most major insurances are accepted. (Pre-approval may be necessary for some insurance types.)
To initiate the outpatient referral process
Fax a prescription and referral form to the referral number for the appropriate REHAB outpatient clinic area:
Questions about referrals?
For more information about referring a patient, call REHAB at (808) 566-3878 or email email@example.com.
Disclaimer: We request that you do not provide any protected health information in your electronic communication (email) to REHAB as such disclosure by you may not be protected by federal privacy laws or regulations. 1 45 C.F.R. § 160.103