Our Cancer Rehabilitation Program (CRP) is a comprehensive program that provides outpatient rehabilitation to cancer patients and survivors. Whether newly diagnosed or finished with treatment, we can help decrease pain and enable individuals to safely and effectively regain independence. Our goal is to help patients love their life as they did before cancer. For those who want to increase their independence and fulfill rehab goals, the CRP may be the right path.
Cancer Rehabilitation Program
We assist patients with a variety of diagnoses, including:
- Prostate cancer
- Lung cancer
- Breast cancer
- Spine and brain tumors
- Head and neck cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Colon and rectal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Improved physical strength to help offset limitations caused by cancer and cancer treatment
- Increased ability for self-care and reduced support needed from caregivers
- Community reintegration (return to work and independence)
- Development and coordination of an interdisciplinary care plan for individual needs
- Preservation and restoration of function
- Management of cancer or related cancer treatment impairments
- Post surgical pain and scar management
- Health promotion (physical activity and nutrition)
- Customized therapeutic exercises and activities to maximize strength and endurance
- One-on-one sessions with physical therapist who has more than 10 years of experience with cancer rehabilitation
George Stephanos shares his experience with throat cancer and how REHAB’s Level 2 certified Clinical Cancer Exercise Specialists and Physical Therapists helped him rebuild his life after cancer treatment.
iCare: Cancer Exercise Rehabilitation Study
Cancer Survivors, We Need You!
The iCare program, available to adults that have been diagnosed and treated for any type of cancer is free of charge and consists of three 90 minute personalized training sessions per week for 12 weeks. The program is a collaborative study between REHAB Hospital of the Pacific and the University of Hawai‘i Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science Department to better understand how exercise improves the health, fitness and quality of life for cancer patients.
Want to learn more? Click here!
To apply, click here!
Our Care Team
Patients work with a team of cancer rehabilitation specialists, including physical therapists and exercise physiologists, to create a program tailored specifically towards improving quality of life.
Cheri Teranishi-Hashimoto, DPT, MS, MSPT
Program Director Women's Health & Cancer Rehabilitation
Assistant Manager KJ & Beatrice Luke Specialty Clinic at Nuuanu