We help patients schedule follow-up appointments with their physicians in our Physicians Clinic so they may continue treatment as an outpatient.
Rehabilitation Therapy & Innovative Technologies
Our outpatient clinics are fully equipped with state-of-the-art exercise equipment for those continuing to improve strength and function, including:
- Anti-Gravity Treadmill (Alter-G) - Unweighting therapy that uses unique differential air pressure for neuromuscular retraining for patients who can walk again
- Aquatic Therapy
- Mobility Course
- LiteGait - Unweighting therapy to begin gait training earlier in rehabilitation process
- Biodex - Unweighting therapy system and harnesses for proper gait training
- NESS L300 - Neuromuscular electrical stimulation technology used to help patients with foot drop to improve mobility and progress towards a more normal gait
- NESS H200 - Neuromuscular electrical stimulation technology used to improve upper extremity movement
- MYOMO - Custom, portable, and light-weight arm brace that assists with movement of the elbow
REHAB Strong: Lifestyle & Well-being
We encourage patients to maintain a healthy lifestyle after completing their REHAB outpatient therapy sessions. To support this, we also offer post-rehabilitation exercise and well-being classes programs such as:
- Drivers Program
- For patients who want to remain independent, we encourage participation in our Drivers Program
- Community Resources for SCI Survivors beyond REHAB
- Hawaii has a large community of resources for life after rehabilitation therapy. Our therapy team is very knowledgeable about local leisure-time activities and can provide information about various opportunities.
Wheelchair Seating & Mobility Clinic
Ideal for SCI patients who need a wheelchair as their main mode of mobility to assist with their independence at home, work and in the community. Our staff of trained therapists will help get the best device tailored to meet each patient's needs and goals.
Creative Arts Program
Designed to inspire and promote creativity while patients learn to physically and emotionally cope with their change in abilities. We offer a learning environment where personal expression is encouraged to help patients regain their independence.
SCI Peer Mentorship
With almost 65 years experience working with spinal cord injury patients, we’ve seen the power of peer-to-peer relationships. REHAB SCI mentors are Christopher Reeve Foundation-certified and trained to help newer SCI patients realize they don't have to struggle alone and that there are others who have faced or overcome similar situations. Patients that participate and work with a peer mentor usually end up becoming an SCI Peer Mentor. For more information, contact (808) 566-3791.